1. The purpose of this chapter is to specify the candidate NISP standards. The document organizes these standards, following baseline 3.1 NATO's C3 Taxonomy, as endorsed by the NATO C3 Board per AC/322-D(2019)0034-AS1(INV) on 26 August 2019. A graphical representation of this taxonomy is included in volume 1.
2. For some standards it was not clear yet which service identified in the C3 Taxonomy should be used. Therefore, as an interim solution, the taxonomy was extended with e.g. user-defined "Cloud Services". In a separate section, all standards are listed for which could not yet be defined how they should be linked to the C3 Taxonomy.
3. The standards are presented in tabular form. Each table represent a subtree from the C3 taxonomy and each table line (marked in bold and spanning all columns in the table) represents a taxonomy node from the subtree. Under each taxonomy node title, all standards which are mapped to the node are listed with the following attributes: title of the standard; where possible, a link to the standard; publication number of the standard; a list of all the capability profiles where the standard is used; and finally the "responsible party" which is the domain expert that advises NATO about the standard. In general, a taxonomy node is only listed if at least one standard is assigned to this taxonomy node.
4. When STANAG X Ed Y is in ratification process, this is indicated by STANAG (RD) X Ed Y, and when it is a study draft, this is indicated by STANAG (Study) X Ed Y.
5. In principle, NISP only contains or references standards or related documents, which are generally available for NATO/NATO member nations/CCEB.